Tuesday 9 March 2010

The Big Launch


The launch of the new Radiance went really really well. I had a wonderful day! I hadn't finished making the open sign yet but people got the mesage and LOTS of people came!




My friend Rachel was the photographer for the day. What lovely pictures!

There was pink champagne and surprise flowers...

There were friends who popped in and friends who stayed all day. It was so lovely to have everyone there and see so many friendly faces.



Lucy and the Caterpillar came to play us sing us some of her lovely songs. Thanks Lucy!


The birdies kept an eye on things from their new perch...

and we had a visit from their creator Joanna Coupland.



We also had a surprise visit from Helen Musselwhite who brought this AMAZING papercutting inside a bell jar AND a 'We are family ' papercut picture. How lovely!

All in all it was a real celebration. Thanks to everyone who came and thanks to everyone who couldn't make it but were there in spirit. Thankyou for all your lovely cards, beautiful flowers, yummy cakes and chocolates.

I am one happy lamp shop lady!

11 comments:

fionachapman said...

The shop looks beautiful. Congratulations on your opening.

rossichka said...

You've had a magnificent opening after all the efforts and tension. Everything and everyone look beautiful and overjoyed! Colours, lights, smiles and friendliness - that's my impression, looking at the photos! Wishing you all the best!!

lotta said...

Hannah, it looks wonderful! Congratulations!! I am posting about my own store dreams today and you are definitely one of my inspirations. Best of luck.

claire platt said...

the shop looks stunning! i will def visit if i'm ever in the area!

Whitney-Anne Baker said...

It looks radiant!! It must be so satisfying to have it done after so much hard work. It's been fun to follow the progress. All the best.

AppaloosaMoon said...

...YOU DID IT...BRAVO!...& everything about it looks beautiful, special & inviting...your light(s) burn BRIGHT...


there's an empty spot around the corner from me...that could use your... RADIANCE!

:)

Isabelle said...

too bad that you are so far from us ... I think I will spend all days in your shop, you have lovely things ...

Ann said...

Everything looks spectacular, Hannah. All the hard work and worries were worth it! The opening was even attended by artist-celebrities - how excitng! I just love Joanna's birds, Helen's paper cuts, and of course your beautiful lamps.

Cathy said...

What a great shop and beautiful shades you produce. I was intrigued by your lovely building so I had a look at it on Google Earth street view. It shows up really well. I enjoyed my visit to Hebden Bridge...lol.

MUS said...

lovely shop! ...I wish I could drop in :)

rossichka said...

Dear Hannah, I have the opportunity to show you how much I appreciate your art by giving you the Sunshine Award! You can find more information in my blog. Have a nice week!:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...