Thursday 16 February 2012

Moving

We are moving house....and I feel like I have been waiting for this for such a long time. When I moved into this flat 9 years ago the kids were little, 7 and 9 and I was a single Mum. It was just right - cosy and convenient and everything we needed at the time and it felt great to own a place of my own. It has nurtured us well, seen the birth of two businesses and watched the children emerge into young adults. Now, we are bursting at the seams. Robert moved in with us a few years ago and suddenly there were four adult sized people living in a very small space. We've proved one thing - we get on well. Despite the squeeze, and the chaos of renovation while we tried to maximise space we have survived and just about stayed sane!

Above my shop is a beautiful three bed roomed  house. It's Victorian with high ceilings and beautiful arched windows. It has stairs and hallways (imagine that). It has a huge attic for us and the kids will have a proper bedroom each...Euans will even have a WINDOW. The house is filled with light and I can't wait to make it home. Honestly I'm getting a bit emotional thinking about it, as if an immense weight will be lifted from my chest. I feel like we're on the brink of a huge and positive change. Maybe we will all start growing to fill the space.... maybe just metaphorically! So, the chaos of packing has begun and we have started sorting through the last nine years of our lives...that's exactly half of Ffions! Looking forward to the next chapter.


3 comments:

Sam said...

so sweet, Hannah ^_^ Good luck to you and your family and your new home!! ^__^

kirsty said...

I hope you will all be very happy in your new home! xx

luciapara@libero.it said...

Great news! so you'll be up to your shop? just the perfect astral condition! from above...everything looks better! ... happy the good changings are coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...