Friday, 27 June 2014

For Jane...



When I was four years old I met a little girl with long blonde hair outside my back gate. She said 'Do you want to come and play at my house?' I was a shy thing and didn't dare so I said 'No...but you can come to mine!'

It was the start of a long friendship. I wonder how many million hours we played together over the years. Jane pretty much was my childhood.


Last year Jane lost a long and difficult battle with cancer. She left behind her husband and her small daughter Elizabeth, her Mum and lots and lots of good friends. 

I hope that Elizabeth can find a friend that she can have as much fun with as I did with Jane.

In her memory I'll be donating 10% of my open studio sales to The Yorkshire Cancer Centre, who cared for Jane when she was ill. I wouldn't be very good at  running a marathon or shaving my hair off...but I can make and sell lamps. I'm pretty good at that.  

Jane we will all shine our lamps for you :)

My studio will be open 28th and 29th June and the 4th and 5th July. Find out more HERE.

3 comments:

Fiona Pattison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fiona Pattison said...

Beautiful post Hannah : )

Lyn said...

What a beautiful tribute to your good friend. xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...